New In-Person Courses for LifeLong Learners
Finally, we are offering new in-person courses again! After a year on-line, it will be wonderful to meet together. We hope you can join us! See the new offerings at Courses.
To Register for Courses Held at the SAN MARCOS ACTIVITY CENTER
You have three choices:
1. Online: www.sanmarcostx.gov/activesmtx --> click on "Activities"-->"See All
Categories"-->"Senior"-->takes you to registration
2. Physically at the San Marcos Activity Center or
3. Calling 512-393-8280
For more information: EMAIL MARIANNE at email@example.com
or call her @ 512.216.6427
Courses fees can be waived upon request.
Choose a Course or Presentation
The list below gives you an idea of the types of offerings available.
Learn about art and music history with films and lectures.
Make your own art in painting and drawing classes.
Learn about slavery in Texas, Native Americans, quilting, the U.S. constitution.
Study bridge, birding, gardening, the Texas Hill Country, literature, philosophy
Look through the schedule of up-coming courses and and choose something that interests you.
Meet New Friends and Reconnect with Old Friends
If you're a new-comer or a long-time San Marcos resident, you'll find friends to connect with in LLL courses.
LifeLong Learners Relax at AquaBrew
Revisiting "Texas Artists and Their Art"
Becky Duval Reese’s “Texas Artists and Their Art” –her first Zoom delivered course-- was outstanding!
The six-week course included three slide lectures presented by Becky covering the range and diversity of styles in 19th-21st century art created by Texas-based artists. Interspersed with the slide lectures were tours/discussions of...
• the newly expanded and renovated Wittliff Collection () with a focus on the Southwestern and Mexican Photography Collection conducted by Carla Ellard, Photography Archivist for the Wittliff.
• the studio of David Everett ( ) who focuses primarily on wood sculptures, woodcuts, along with bronzes and works on paper; and
• the Flatbed Press () by owner Katherine Brimberry- Owner/Director and Master Printer of fine art.
The gestalt of this most interesting course was an elevated sense of pride in the past and ongoing work of our Texas visual artists!
The Expanded and Renovated Wittliff
David Everett in his Studio
Sculpture by David Everett
LLL at Flatbed Press with Katherine Brimberry
Becky Duval Reese Rolling the Press